Body Composition Analysis: Beeston Hill uses the ACCUNIQ 360’s electrical impedance to measure fat, muscle, bone and water in the body to determine critical health indices including:
- BMI (body mass index): This is the relationship of height, weight and body fat to health risk. An unhealthy reading can indicate an increased risk of developing high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke and other health conditions.
- Body Water Percentage: This is the total amount of intra- and extra-cellular fluid in a person’s body. Water plays a vital role in many of the body’s processes, is found in every cell, tissue and organ and can be a critical health indicator.
- Body Fat Mass: This is the weight of all the fat in the body used to calculate body fat percentage.
- Visceral Fat: This is the fat that surrounds the vital organs on the trunk/stomach area of the body. This is the fat below the abdominal wall. This type of fat is at high levels in middle-aged men (often mistakenly referred to as a “beer belly”). Men have a genetic predisposition to accumulating fat this way, and high Visceral Fat levels increase the risk of high blood pressure, heart disease and type 2 diabetes. Lowering Visceral Fat levels can stabilize insulin substantially and reduce the risk of diabetes and other related illnesses.
- Body Fat Percentage: This is the amount of body fat in proportion to body weight. Reducing excess body fat has shown to reduce the risk of certain conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
- Muscle Mass: This is the weight of all the muscle in the body.
- BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate): This is the amount of calories the body burns at rest. Age, diet, muscle and fat mass, and general health all determine BMR.
- Daily Caloric Intake: This is the amount of calories one can ingest and maintain current weight considering current exercise level.
- Metabolic Age: Chronological age is age in calendar years; metabolic age is a number that comes from comparing Basal Metabolic Rate with the Basal Metabolic Rate average of a person’s chronological age group. An older metabolic age indicates poorer health than one’s age peers and could indicate health risks; a nutrition and fitness regimen should be tailored to bring metabolic age in line with- or lower than- chronological age.
The total amount of fluid in a person’s body. Water plays a vital role in many of the body’s processes and is found in every cell, tissue and organ
The weight of all the fat in your body and what we use to calculate your body fat percentage; Visceral Fat: is the fat that surrounds the vital organs on the trunk / stomach area of the body. It’s the fat below your muscle wall. This type of fat is at high levels in middle aged men (often mistakenly referred to as a beer belly). Men have a genetic predisposition to accumulating fat this way. High Visceral Fat levels increase the risk of high blood pressure, heart disease and type 2 diabetes. Lowering Visceral Fat levels can stabilize insulin substantially and reduce the risk of diabetes and other related illnesses
The amount of body fat as a proportion of your body weight. Reducing excess levels of body fat has shown to reduce the risk of certain conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes and cancer
The weight of all the muscle in your body.
The amount of calories your body burns at rest i.e. if you slept all day. Your age, diet, muscle and fat mass, and general health, all determine your BMR
The amount of calories you can ingest and maintain your current weight considering your current exercise level
The amount of bone (bone mineral level, calcium or other minerals) in the body
Chronological age is your age in calendar years. Metabolic age is a number that comes from comparing your Basal Metabolic Rate with the Basal Metabolic Rate average of your chronological age group. A metabolic age number younger than your chronological age generally means that you are fitter and in better health than the average. An older metabolic age points towards being less healthy and fit than your peers and if it’s much older than your chronological age, this should be considered a wake-up call.
instruction aimed at improving core strength to improve posture and thus relieving musculoskeletal stress.
If you are living with pain, muscle weakness or lack of mobility, make an appointment to assess and treat immediate or long-term problems stemming from present or past injuries, congenital conditions or chronic disease. Having consistent treatment for injuries is critical for both recovery and for documentation. People get hurt, and maybe even see a doctor, but fail to follow up with the treatment or therapy needed to return to health and function.
Many chiropractors require X-rays as a standard procedure to rule out possible tumor, dislocation or fracture and to aid in determining where to adjust the spine. Spinal X-rays provide critical information that will direct diagnosis, treatment protocols and referral options for patients.
ALINE Insoles: ALINE is the world’s most advanced foot activation system, providing transformational alignment, comfort, and balance. Patented technology is engineered so you can feel and perform your best. With ALINE in every shoe, discover better motion and improve your physical, mental, and emotional health.
Lumbar Back Braces: Lightweight, easy-to-use back support braces are designed to enhance your chiropractic care, prolonging the beneficial effects of your adjustments. Braces may be used for conditions such as:
- Chronic and acute low back pain
- Lumbar muscle weakness
- Low back sprains and strains
- Mechanical or discogenic lumbar pain
- Prophylactic low back support
- Post-operative lumbar stabilization
- Degenerative disc disease
Posture Pumps: Relieve painful neck and back stiffness, headaches and fatigue. Get deep corrective relief at home with Posture Pump® Disc Hydrator to relieve compressed discs to regain proper posture.
Beeston Hill Health and Wellness is home to a full spectrum of body treatments for health, fitness and beauty as well.
Massage: Certified Massage Therapists are available by appointment for relaxation, sports, deep tissue and other massage methods to relieve pain, rehabilitate athletic injuries, reduce stress, increase relaxation and help manage anxiety and depression.
Laser liposuction, or laser lipolysis, is a noninvasive cosmetic procedure that uses a laser to melt away fat under the skin. This proven fat-reduction technology has minimal downtime and a quick recovery period, and ultimately results in the removal of fat from specific areas of the body, such as the:
- Upper arms
- Upper thighs
- Flanks (“love handles”)
Results are permanent when a healthy weight, diet, and lifestyle are maintained.
Cavitation is a new, non-surgical and non-invasive fat removal procedure that destroys fat cells by using low-frequency sound waves. It is a 100% non-medical, non-surgical procedure with no hospital stay, no time off from work and no recovery time. Clients may see immediate results in these problem areas:
- Flanks (“love handles”)
- Male chest
- Upper arms
- Inner thighs
- Helps reduce and removes cellulite
- Allows you to contour your body
- Pain-free with no downtime
- Target specific areas
- Quick and effective results
Most clients see an immediate improvement, with optimum results after 4 to 8 sessions.
Ask us about facials; seaweed, salt, mud, cacao and coffee body wraps and scrubs, reiki, essential and herbal oil therapies and other healing and cosmetic treatments.